The shadow on the window

  My name is Kathy, I was a babysitter. One evening, I was staying the night watching the twins Maggie and Tobias. We spent the whole day playing at the park until it started raining. We ran back to the house which wasn’t that far away. Once we got dried off I put the TV on for the kids, but suddenly a weird voice came out the TV, I barely heard some kind of whisper, it wasn’t a TV show, or the news, because there wasn’t TV signal… It said: “I’m watching you”. I was a little confused but I decided to ignore it. “What would you guys like for dinner?” I asked. 

The twins looked at each other and both said “Macaronis”. So I started making the macaronis as the kids were laughing in the living room. After a few minutes, I yelled “Dinner!” They ran into the kitchen to eat and Maggie told her brother “don’t say anything, ok?” and I asked “What’s going on?”. Tobias, freaked out answered me “Kathy, I’m scared…We just saw a woman in the backyard, faceless, and there was an animal behind her… Like a… Like a deer with big antlers”. I thought he was joking around and I said “Okay kids, you have to eat your dinner and go to bed right now”.         

   After they finished eating, we were walking up the stairs, which were so dark and small with a faint light shining on the steps, and they told me that their mom always gave them milk and cookies before bed. “Go change and I will get that”, I said. I walked back into the kitchen and got the cookies from the top of the fridge and I poured the milk, but my phone rang. I went into the living room where I left it and I answered. It was my mother. She was so scared, she asked if everything was okay. She was yelling on the phone and said “You have to be careful”. Totally shocked I told her that she had to calm down, everything was fine. I went back to the room of the twins, but I forgot the milk. “Where’s our milk, Kathy?” Maggie asked, “Oh, yeah, sorry, I’ll go get it” I said. I started heading back down the stairs, it was very dark, and silence. 

At the bottom of the stairs there was a window, I had walked pass the window but stopped in my tracks and I turned towards where the window was...  there was a shadow of a woman. A tall woman, with a long black hair, faceless, with a big animal behind her, and yes… Like a deer with big, big antlers. Just as Tobias said before. I rubbed my eyes and the women was gone. “Guess I’m tired” I said yawning. I got the milk and started to bring it back to the kids. I walked into the kids room and they were both dead, lying in a pool of blood… throats slit.           

   I screamed, I turned to run out, but the door closed and had words on it, “You’re next”. I didn’t know what to do, so I decided to take my phone and called the police, but I left it in the kitchen. Suddenly, a deafening silence circled the room. I was still crying, when I saw on the window… There was the same deer with a horrible antlers and I started to looking for the faceless woman, but I couldn’t find her. Quickly I watched how the closet door slowly opened… She was there. It was so dark that I barely could see her long hair and how fast she was walking to me. I was terrified. I tried to open the door, and I did it, I ran off, but I stumbled a step and fell.  

    A few days later. I woke up in the hospital, there were the parents of Maggie and Tobias, with tears in their eyes. But before they could even say anything I began to talk about the strange woman and the deer out the window. “Which window, Kathy?” The twins father asked. “The one near the stairs” I said. The parents looked at each other and told me that it wasn’t a window. “It is a mirror”, they said. I couldn’t believe what was going on, and in that moment my mom entered the room, and crying said “Kathy, you’re in a mental hospital… You’ve killed the twins, Kathy.”          

           Whoever has written my story knows that I'm locked now, I haven’t seen my mother for 5 years. I don’t remember killing the twins. All I know is that I remember a faithful deer prowling in the dark… and I look good in a mirror. 

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares